At Kaikili, we understand that when you use our services, you are entrusting us with your personal data. As a responsible company, we are dedicated to maintaining your trust by safeguarding your information. To ensure transparency and clarity, we provide this notice to explain the personal data we collect, how we use and share it, and the options you have regarding your information. We suggest that you read this notice in conjunction with our privacy overview, which summarizes the key points of our privacy practices. Our commitment to protecting your data is at the core of our values, and we continuously work to improve our privacy practices to earn your trust every day.
This notice pertains to all users of Kaikili’s services across the United States, including those who use our apps, websites, and features. Our goal is to be transparent about our data collection and use practices, so you can make informed decisions about how you use our services. This notice outlines the ways in which we collect and use data, and we encourage you to read it carefully. Our commitment to protecting your privacy is an integral part of our business, and we are constantly striving to improve our data protection practices.
Customer: Individual who hires the individual professional to perform work/service at home.
Provider: Individual who provides the service at the customer location through Kaikili Pro mobile app.
This notice also covers other types of data that Kaikili collects in connection with its services, including contact information for customers and providers, individuals who manage and use accounts owned by enterprise customers, and data of individuals who begin but do not complete applications to become a service provider.
For the purposes of this notice, all individuals subject to these data collection practices are referred to as "Users."
Our privacy practices are governed by the applicable laws of the countries (USA) and regions (States) in which we operate. We only engage in the practices described in this notice in jurisdictions where they are legally permissible. Additionally, please note the following important information:
For users in the United States: Information regarding Kaikili’s privacy practices is required under U.S. state privacy laws, including the California Consumer Privacy Act).
2.0 Data Controller and Data Transfer
Kaikili USA is responsible for controlling the data collected in connection with the use of Kaikili’s services across all locations except for those specifically mentioned. Kaikili operates and processes personal data on a global/countrywide scale. As you use our services, your data travels with you wherever you go, enabling us to provide a seamless experience. We are committed to respecting your data protection rights regardless of where you are located, whether it is in your home country or abroad. We believe in safeguarding your information and implementing robust security measures to protect it from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We continuously evaluate and improve our practices to ensure that we provide the highest level of privacy protection possible.
To ensure consistent data protection across all locations where our services are available, kaikili has implemented the following measures throughout the USA:
- Policies and procedures that restrict access to and processing of personal data to only specific, defined purposes
- Specific training for personnel responsible for managing personal data.
- A government data access policy that limits access to personal data, with exceptions, made only when mandated by applicable laws such as the EU GDPR, in cases of imminent risk of serious harm to individuals, or with user consent.
Robust security measures are in place to protect data while it is in transit between Kaikili apps and our servers, and while being processed on our servers. These measures include encryption and the use of pseudonymized data to help prevent unauthorized disclosure of users' full identities.We take your privacy seriously, and we are committed to implementing strong data protection measures to ensure that your personal data is kept secure, regardless of where you use our services. Our policies and practices are regularly reviewed and updated to ensure that we remain at the forefront of data protection standards.
To ensure that you can exercise your data protection rights conveniently, you can contact Kaikili through any of the designated channels mentioned above, and your request will be handled centrally on behalf of the relevant controller. If you have any questions, comments, or complaints about Kaikili’s data practices, you can submit them through the "Contact Us" section on our website. You can also use this form to ask Kaikili’s Data Protection Officer any questions you may have or to request a copy of the Standard Contractual Clauses or other transfer mechanisms in place for the data processing activities related to your inquiry.
We value your privacy and are committed to providing you with convenient and effective means to exercise your data protection rights. Our team is dedicated to handling your requests in a timely and efficient manner, and we are constantly seeking to improve our data protection practices to better serve you.
3.0 Collection and Use of Data
A. The data we collecting in Kaikili.
Kaikili collects data from different sources including:
- Data provided by users when creating an account with Kaikili.
- Data created during the use of our services, such as location, app usage, and device data.
- Data is obtained from other sources, such as other users or account owners, business partners, vendors, insurance and financial solution providers, and governmental authorities.
Kaikili collects various types of data, including data provided by users during the account creation and registration process, such as name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, profile picture, payment or banking information, and background check information (where permitted by law). Demographic data, such as birth date/age, gender, or occupation, may also be collected when required for the Kaikili service provider.
Data created during the use of our services is also collected, such as location data from provider and customer mobile devices. This includes precise or approximate location data from provider devices when the Kaikili app is running in the foreground or background, and from customer devices if they enable location data collection via their device settings. Transaction information related to the use of our services, including payment transaction information, usage data, device data, and communications data, such as phone, text, or in-app communications between users that are enabled through Kaikili apps, are also collected.
B. How we use personal data in Kaikili.
To enhance the safety and security of our users and services: We use the data to verify accounts, monitor for fraudulent or unauthorized activity, investigate suspicious activity, and enhance the security of our services.
For customer support: We use the data to provide customer support to users, such as troubleshooting issues and resolving disputes.
For research and development: We may use the data to analyze usage trends, develop new features and services, and improve the overall user experience.
To enable communications between users: We use the data to enable users to communicate with each other through our services.
For marketing and advertising: We may use the data to provide personalized marketing and advertising to users, such as through email or in-app notifications.
To send non-marketing communications to users: We may use the data to send non-marketing communications to users, such as service-related announcements or changes to our policies.
In connection with legal proceedings: We may use the data as required by law or legal process, including responding to subpoenas, court orders, or other requests from government or law enforcement agencies.
We use the data we collect:
1. To provide our services. Kaikili uses data to provide, personalize, maintain, and improve our services.
- Create/update accounts.
- Create market value for each service.
- Payment processing.
- Perform necessary operations to maintain our services, including troubleshooting software bugs and operational problems.
2. Safety and security, we use data to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our services and users.which includes:
- Verifying users' identity, using device, location, user profile, usage, and other data to prevent, detect and combat other types of fraud. This includes identifying fraudulent accounts or uses of our services, preventing the use of our services by unauthorized service providers, verifying user identities in connection with certain payment methods, and preventing and combating unauthorized access to users’ accounts.
- Using user ratings, reported incidents, and other feedback to encourage compliance with our Kaikili guidelines and as grounds for deactivating users with low ratings or who otherwise violated such guidelines.
- Sharing username, location, phone number, vehicle details, and other relevant information with third-party companies that support the management and de-escalation of interpersonal conflicts that may occur between users while on a trip or in the process of making a delivery.
- Kaikili performs the above activities on the grounds that they are necessary to fulfill the terms of our agreements with users, and/or for purposes of the legitimate safety and security interests of Kaikili, our users, and members of the general public.
- Customer support. Kaikili uses the information we collect (which may include call recordings) to provide customer support, including investigating and addressing user concerns and monitoring and improving our customer support responses and processes.
- Research and development. We use data for testing, research, analysis, product development, and machine learning to improve the user experience. This helps us make our services more convenient and easy to use, enhance the safety and security of our services, and develop new services and features.
- Marketing and Advertising. Kaikili uses data to market its services.
- Legal proceedings and requirements. We use data to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to the use of Kaikili services, to satisfy requirements under applicable laws, regulations, or operating licenses or agreements, or pursuant to legal processes or governmental requests, including from law enforcement.
Cookies and third-party services
Cookies are small pieces of data that are stored on web browsers or devices by websites, applications, online media, and advertising networks. At Kaikili, we utilize cookies and similar technologies to perform various functions, including:
- Authentication of users
- Remembering user preferences and settings
- Determining the popularity of content
- Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
- Analyzing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviors and interests of people who interact with our services.
D. Data sharing and disclosure
Kaikili may share data with other users. This includes sharing:
1. Customer’s first name, last name, phone number, locations with providers.
2. For those who participate in Kaikili’s referral program, we share certain data of referred users, such as service count, with the user who referred them, to the extent relevant to determining the referral bonus.
3. For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute.
4. At the customer or provider’s request
E. Data retention and deletion
Kaikili stores user data for as long as it is required to fulfill the purposes mentioned above. The retention period is determined by the type of data, the category of users, and the purposes for which the data was collected. The retention period may also be influenced by legal and regulatory requirements, safety and security concerns, fraud prevention, or issues related to the user's account, such as outstanding credits, unresolved claims, or disputes.
For instance, we keep user data:
- For the duration of the user's account if it is necessary to provide our services. This includes user profile information and credentials.
- For 7 years to comply with tax regulations.
- For specific periods to ensure safety or prevent fraud.
- After a user requests account deletion, if necessary, for safety, security, fraud prevention, or compliance with legal requirements, or due to account-related issues such as outstanding credits, unresolved claims, or disputes.
4.0 Choice and transparency
Kaikili enables users to access and/or control data that Kaikili collects, including through:
4.1. Privacy settings
4.2. Device permissions
4.3. Marketing choices
Kaikili also enables users to request access to or copies of their data, make changes or updates to their accounts, request deletion of their accounts, or request that Kaikili restrict its processing of user data.
4.1 Privacy settings
Location data collection (providers and customers) : Providers and customers can enable/disable Kaikili to collect location data from their mobile devices through their device settings, a provider can allow location service then the app can provide the customer nearest requirement
Share Live Locations (providers and customers): Providers can enable/disable Kaikili to share their real-time location data from their mobile devices with their providers through their device settings.
Kaikili provides users with scheduled service status notifications and updates related to activity on their accounts. These notifications are a necessary part of using the Kaikili app and cannot be disabled. However, users may choose the method by which they receive these notifications through the Settings > Privacy menu. also, the fast response provides to overlap screen to show quick dialog box notifications and then easy to provide the managed app.
4.2 Device permissions
Most mobile device platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without the device owner’s permission, and these platforms have different methods for how that permission can be obtained. Please check the available settings on your device or check with your provider.
4.3 In-app rating pages
After every service, the Service provider and customer are able to rate each other on a scale from 1 to 5. An average of those ratings is associated with a user’s account and is displayed to other users for whom they provide or receive services. For example, customer ratings are available to providers from whom they request services, and Provider ratings are available to their customers. also, customers are happy to service provider work and then give tips to the direct provider account
This 2-way system holds everyone accountable for their behavior. Accountability helps create a respectful, safe environment for providers and customers. The service provider can see their average rating in the main menu of the Kaikili app, and also access a breakdown of their average rating in Kaikili’s Privacy Center. Customer can see their average rating after tapping their profile photo in the Kaikili customer app.
E. User data requests
Kaikili provides users with a variety of ways to learn about, control, and submit questions and comments about Kaikili’s handling of their data.
Accessing data: Users can access data including their profile data and trip or order history through the Kaikili apps or via Kaikili’s website. Users can also use our Explore Your Data feature to view an online summary of information about their account, such as the number of trips or orders, rating, rewards status, and the number of days since they’ve been a Kaikili user. Users can also request access to their data here.
Data portability: Users can request a copy of their data using our Download Your Data tool. For an overview of the data available through that tool, please click here. Users may also request a copy of their data here.
Changing or updating data: Users can edit the name, phone number, email address, payment method, and photo associated with their account through the Settings menu in Kaikili’s apps or user portal. Users may also request to update or correct their data here.
Deleting data: Users may request the deletion of their account at any time through Kaikili’s Privacy Center, or in the Settings > Privacy menus in the Kaikili app.
Objections, restrictions, and complaints: Users may request that we stop using all or some of their data, or that we limit our use of their data here. This includes objecting to our use of data that is based on Kaikili’s legitimate interests. Kaikili may continue to process data after such objection or request to the extent required or permitted by law.
In addition, depending on their location, Users may have the right to file a complaint relating to Kaikili’s handling of their data with the data protection authority in their country. For example, users in the European Union and South America may submit such requests to the data protection authorities in the country in which they live.
Appeal: Users that reside in the U.S. may request a review of our decision in the event Kaikili cannot meet or denies a User’s data request. Users may request an appeal of our decision here.
Updates to this notice
We may occasionally update this notice. If we make significant changes, we will notify users in advance of the changes through the Kaikili apps or through other means, such as email. We encourage users to periodically review this notice for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Use of our services after an update constitutes consent to the updated notice to the extent permitted by law.